The top two movies at the box office were the same this weekend as the last one, withGravity in first place for the third straight weekend and Captain Phillips at Number Two for the second.
THIS WEEKEND’S TOP TEN MOVIES – OCTOBER 18-20
1. Gravity, $31 million
2. Captain Phillips, $17.3 million
3. Carrie, $17 million
4. Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, $10.1 million
5. Escape Plan, $9.8 million (Movie withSylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger)
6. Prisoners, $2.1 million
7. Enough Said, $1.8 million
8. The Fifth Estate, $1.7 million
9. Runner Runner, $1.6 million
10. Insidious Chapter 2, $1.5 million
Oprah’s Next Chapter (OWN) – Oprah and Arsenio Hall have an in-depth conversation about his return to late-night TV after almost 20 years; Hall also discusses his dad’s influence on his comedy and being a single father.
The Walking Dead (AMC) – The guy that died last episode became a zombie and ate people in the cell and now other people are coughing and are sick, so it seems people have the flu and they have no meds, which means people will die and become zombies. Rick actually isolates 2 people that were coughing and they end being found already turned into zombies and burned. hmmmmm Someone in the camp is feeding the zombies and they almost climbed over the fence that protects the camp to get the food. Rick kills little pigs and feeds them to the zombies to make them get away from the gate. I didn’t like that part. booooo 🙁 You don’t kill living things to feed the dead! That should be a rule!
CARDINALS TO FACE RED SOX IN WORLD SERIES: The St. Louis Cardinals and Boston Red Sox will face off in the World Series after they both wrapped up their League Championship Series over the weekend. They will meet in Game 1 of the World Serieson Wednesday (October 23rd) in Boston.
NFL SCORES — WEEK 7: Here are the results of this weekend’s National Football League Games (Home teams are listed in italics):
- Atlanta Falcons 31, Tampa Bay Buccaneers 23
- Cincinnati Bengals 27, Detroit Lions 24
- Buffalo Bills 23, Miami Dolphins 21
- New York Jets 30, New England Patriots 27 (OT)
- Dallas Cowboys 17, Philadelphia Eagles 3 – Eagles stand in quarterback Nick Foles didn’t do too good and he suffered a head injury. People were scared a bit when Deshawn Jackson hurt his leg, but he went back in the game. I was at the game and it was more brutal to watch with the live commentary from upset fans yelling inappropriate things.
- Washington Redskins 45, Chicago Bears 41 – Bears quarterback Jay Cutler left the game in the second quarter with a groin injury. Having an MRI today to determine extent of the injury.
- Carolina Panthers 30, St. Louis Rams 15 — Rams quarterback Sam Bradford was injured, and ESPN reported that he’s out for the season with a torn ACL in his left knee.
- San Diego Chargers 24, Jacksonville Jaguars 6
- San Francisco 49ers 31, Tennessee Titans 17
- Green Bay Packers 31, Cleveland Browns 13
- Kansas City Chiefs 17, Houston Texans 16 — At 7-0, the Chiefs remain the only undefeated team this season.
- Pittsburgh Steelers 19, Baltimore Ravens 16
- Indianapolis Colts 39, Denver Broncos 33
Tonight’s Monday Night Football game on ESPN:
- Minnesota Vikings at New York Giants (8:30 p.m. ET)
- Tonight TLC movie on VH1 with Lil Mama, Keke Palmar and Drew Sidora
- Diddy’s REVOLT TV is launching tonight at 8pm on time warner and comcast