On Tuesday night in Los Angeles GQ honored their “Men of the Year”. The honorees included Matthew McConaughey, Will Ferrell, James Gandolfini, Kendrick Lamar and Justin Timberlake. K.Dot did an interview with the magazine where he talked about his hometown, his rap career thus far, the success of his debut album GKMC, his controversial Control verse and the inspiration for his “emotional” lyricism. He spoke on his relationship with Drake saying that they’re “Pretty cool. And I mean, I would be okay if we weren’t.” You can read the full interview here. Kendrick was named “Rapper of the Year”. Justin Timberlake was also honored as “Hashtag of the Year” for having so many huge moments in 2013. During their interview they talked about some of his major events including:
- Played a comeback concert on the eve of the Super Bowl with Jay Z.
- Staged Timberweek with Jimmy Fallon—a five-night run of appearances on Late Night, most of them hilarious, some flat-out brilliant.
- Released his first album in seven years and toured the world to support it.
- Performed at the White House, coaxing the president and first lady into joining him on vocals for a few lines of Otis Redding’s “(Sittin’ on) The Dock of the Bay.”
- Hosted Saturday Night Live for the fifth time—and got an Emmy nomination for it. (“I’m sore,” he tells me, arching his back and grinning. “Really sore. You have to be really flexible to get it done five times.”)
- Reunited with the other members of ‘N Sync at the Video Music Awards.
- Released that second album.
- Starred in Runner Runner (a decision, by the way, that he doesn’t regret).
You can read JT’s full interview here.
Check out more sexy pics from their photo shoots below!